Thursday, October 18, 2007
Sunil has indeed gone somewhere.
Sunil is now in Chennai, the city of bad sewers and really bad lodges.
Sunil can't sleep at night because he misses his parents and friends. Yes, even though he is 30 years old.
Sunil can't sleep because his bed is infested with bugs and other creatures of the night.
So Sunil comforts himself with some new books and old port wine.
Yet, Sunil is lonely. Tired. And a bit melodramatic (which is why he is writing like this).
Look at him, savouring one last moment of triumph in Trivandrum. Searching for the meaning of life in a can of Pepsi.
Sunday, October 07, 2007
Monday, October 01, 2007
1. The rustle of a woman’s dress. Especially a saree.
2. The soothing gurgle of a small stream.
3. The yowl of a strong wind.
4. The rumble of a goods train at 3 am at night (I live close to a railway station).
5. I can’t tell you. You will think I am a pervert.
All Time Favourite Books
- Dracula (Bram Stoker)
- Sophie's Choice (William Styron)
- Portnoy's Complaint (Philip Roth)
- Rabbit at Rest (John Updike)
- The Postman Always Rings Twice (James M Cain)
- A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
- Herzog (Saul Bellow)
- Ham on Rye (Charles Bukowski)
- The Catcher in the Rye (JD Salinger)
- The Secret History (Donna Tartt)