Wednesday, September 26, 2007

"Sunil? Oh, he is such a nice person."

Is there a cure for being nice?
I am sick of being nice.
The next time somebody calls me a nice person, I will wring their neck.
I want to go back and live my life all over again.
I want to flirt shamelessly.
Beginning, preferably, when I am in the 5th standard.
I will rain my rascally charm on all the girls in my school.
Seduce those hot aunties who haunted my childhood.
I will either be a laughing stock or a Casanova.
But I won’t straddle the middle ground.
I won’t settle for being nice.
I will pilfer my favourite books from the library.
I will collar the next auto driver who overcharges me.
I will say no to people, just for the vicarious pleasure of saying it.
I will mercilessly disparage those who disagree with me.
I will forever live in sin, bless me lord.
I will be an asshole personified.
But I will never ever be a ‘nice person’.
Give me 'bad guy', any day.

6 comments:

ShEkHaR said...

I Hate you,.Sunil
I dont like you,.
You cut my phonecalls,..

Nobody says Sunil is a Nice Person

Sunil Shiv Shankar said...

Ha ha. Atlast, there's somebody who thinks I am bad. I will sleep in peace tonight.

Meenakshi said...

hahahahahha...


no time machine available...so sadly u'll have to settle for the nice-guy....


but its never too late...start being the bad guy u wish to be....
;)

bijindas said...

ha...ha...ha....
long live writers!

Dreamy man walking said...

There you are
Start reading Shobha De
Be Pompous like Oscar Wilde
Love every Lolitha
Read confessions of glorified sinner
Covet everyheart at the chance encounter

Do Sunil
I will support you

Sriganesh said...

Guess you were selective in taking opinions.

You should have asked me once, just once.

All Time Favourite Books

  • Dracula (Bram Stoker)
  • Sophie's Choice (William Styron)
  • Portnoy's Complaint (Philip Roth)
  • Rabbit at Rest (John Updike)
  • The Postman Always Rings Twice (James M Cain)
  • A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
  • Herzog (Saul Bellow)
  • Ham on Rye (Charles Bukowski)
  • The Catcher in the Rye (JD Salinger)
  • The Secret History (Donna Tartt)