Thursday, December 06, 2007

Gift

A little voice disturbs my reverie.
“Did you bring anything for me?”
“No.”
A reproachful silence.
“Sorry. I was busy. I forgot.”
“Will you buy something now?”
“How about a Cadbury?”
“I don’t want chocolate.”
“Then?”
“Toy.”
“What toy?”
“A cow on wheels.”
“A cow?”
“Yes.”
“I will try.”
“Today?”
“Next week.”
“Why?”
“It’s not easy to get a cow.”
“If you don’t get a cow, buy a giraffe.”
“Of course.”

Later, my 5 year old niece tells her grandmother, “Sunil uncle is not a nice person. He didn’t even bring me a gift from Chennai.”

3 comments:

ShEkHaR said...

Hi Sunil

Niece are allways Nice,. especially girls, they are Special,and Innocent

You should buy Gift for her,
Giraaf ka Toy le na,..
Kya naam hai uska?

(mere liye bhi ek Gift leneka , mai bhi Innocent hun)
:) :) :)

Meenakshi said...

cho chweet...

Sunil, nice to c u back on blogger active as before...

v were getting a bit worried( chennai is famous for swallowing people)..

Meenakshi said...

And hey Shekhar, what a comment....

seriously, i feel like buying u a toy for that wonderful comment...

All Time Favourite Books

  • Dracula (Bram Stoker)
  • Sophie's Choice (William Styron)
  • Portnoy's Complaint (Philip Roth)
  • Rabbit at Rest (John Updike)
  • The Postman Always Rings Twice (James M Cain)
  • A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
  • Herzog (Saul Bellow)
  • Ham on Rye (Charles Bukowski)
  • The Catcher in the Rye (JD Salinger)
  • The Secret History (Donna Tartt)