Tuesday, August 28, 2007

Eat Drink Man Woman

I was searching for clips from Ang Lee's new movie 'Lust, Caution', when I came across this opening sequence from one of his earlier works. This is the most delicious opener I have ever seen. Forget the fish and chicken, even the frogs look appetising.

I will leave you with a reference from Wikipedia. "The title (of the movie) is an old expression elaborating two main desires in human nature - to eat and drink and to have sex".

PS: I don't think women will agree.

3 comments:

ShEkHaR said...

I will check the clip later at home,.

but while reading the post i remember the song called-
"Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream" by King Crimson (Britsh Progressive rock group),. I like the lyrics


"Sex Sleep Eat Drink Dream"

sex sleep eat drink dream
primal tribal aplle egg vegetable eel
i have a new canoe but it does not have a wheel

private velvet animal oldsmobile mind
i'm sitting in the fireplace burning up my time

private velvet animal empty t.v.
they're fishing in the kitchen
but they haven't caught up to me
primal tribal chemical digital night
i've got to get dressed to go out of my mind
sex sleep eat drink dream

Meenakshi said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Meenakshi said...

Your PS makes a lot of sense to me...

I do disagree

All Time Favourite Books

  • Dracula (Bram Stoker)
  • Sophie's Choice (William Styron)
  • Portnoy's Complaint (Philip Roth)
  • Rabbit at Rest (John Updike)
  • The Postman Always Rings Twice (James M Cain)
  • A Farewell to Arms (Ernest Hemingway)
  • Herzog (Saul Bellow)
  • Ham on Rye (Charles Bukowski)
  • The Catcher in the Rye (JD Salinger)
  • The Secret History (Donna Tartt)